Saturday, 28 November 2015
Last updated 12 hours ago
Oct 29 2010 | 4:02pm ET
Mark your calendars folks, it's time for yet another auction of Ruth and Bernard Madoff's loot. The U.S. Marshals announced today that they will be auctioning off more than 400 articles of jewelry, furniture, antiques and other personal property once belonging to the Ponzi-master and his wife.
The auction will take place Saturday, November 13 at the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers on 7th Avenue in Manhattan.
For you lookie-lookers, note that items being auctioned will not be on display at the auction site and can only be viewed at the Brooklyn Navy Yard on the preview day—which is Nov. 12—or on the Web.
Here is a small sample of a few items you could pick up...and just in time for Christmas, to boot!
- Leather bull foot stool; tail needs to be re-attached
- George III Inlaid Mahogany and Satinwood Tester Bed with intense sun fading, early 19th century, full size, missing original headboard
- Diamond Ring: One ladies diamond engagement ring with one emerald cut diamond weighing 10.54 cts.
- Steinway and Sons grand piano with bench
- Slippers: 1 pair black velveteen slippers, size 8½, red quilted lining, “BLM” embroidered with gold thread.
- "Bernard L. Madoff, Investment Securities" lot of 4 tote bags
- Framed political cartoon with handwritten message
- 18 pairs of men's Belgian shoes, Mr. Casual style, size 9W
Madoff, the mastermind of what is thought to be the largest Ponzi scheme in history, is serving a 150 year sentence in prison, the maximum allowable under law.
Oct 21 2015 | 10:41am ET
One of the most unique charity benefits in the hedge fund industry, A Leg To Stand On's (ALTSO's) Hedge Fund Rocktoberfest - NYC, raised nearly $500,000 last Thursday thanks to the generous support of major sponsors and nearly 1,400 attendees from the Tri-State finance, business and hedge fund communities. Read more…