Friday, 19 September 2014
Last updated 15 hours ago
Feb 9 2011 | 10:48am ET
Pacific Alternative Asset Management has taken a step towards its goal of becoming "more diversified globally" with an investment in a Latin American hedge fund.
The $10 billion fund of hedge funds did not disclose who won the allocation, or how large it was. But the firm's head of European research, Lisa Fridman, told HFMWeek, "we recently funded a manager in Latin America."
PAAMCo currently has a "relatively small allocation to emerging markets," but that is changing, if only modestly. Fridman said that, in addition to the Latin American fund, the firm has "found some interesting trade ideas in emerging Asia."
EVENT: The Search For Alpha In Latin America
February 16 | Miami
Join FINforums, the conference arm of FINalternatives, as we bring together top experts on the region to discuss the challenges and opportunities of investing in Latin America. Register Now ($200 for half-day event, includes lunch, program and cocktail reception).
• David Brillembourg, Brilla Group
• Rafael Buerba, Armada Capital
• Fernando X. Donayre, INCA Investments
• Dr. Susan Kaufman Purcell, University of Miami
• Rainford M. Knight, Ph.D., Florida Institute of Finance
• Antonio Miranda, Compass Group
• Jason Molesworth, Simplified Asset Management
• Julie Neitzel, GenSpring Family Offices
• Rafael Rodrigues, Rio Bravo Investimentos
• Raymond Zucaro, SW Asset Management
Chair and Moderator:
• John Seigenthaler, former NBC News anchor, Seigenthaler PR
Aug 25 2014 | 11:21am ET
As many of you know, FINalternatives was recently acquired by the owners of Futures magazine, a firm called The Alpha Pages LLC. Today marks the soft-launch of a new sister site for both publications. As its name suggests, The Alpha Pages will cover all types of alternative investments, going far beyond the more well-known ones such as hedge funds and private equity. Read more…
Credit default swaps brought down the London Whale and cost JPMorgan $6.2 billion. Here is how it happened.