Sunday, 21 September 2014
Last updated 2 days ago
Nov 11 2005 | 9:24pm ET
• Rye Brook, New York-based private equity firm Cadent Energy Partners has closed its first fund, Cadent Energy Partners I, with $220 million in commitments.
• Darien, Conn.-based Portfolio Advisors has closed its third fund of funds, Portfolio Advisors Private Equity Fund III, with $661 million. The fund, which was launched in June 2004, originally had a target of $250 million.
• New York-based private equity firm Salmon River, which is managed by Joshua Lewis, has held a first close of its initial fund with $20 million in commitments.
• Private equity firm Energy Investors Funds has closed the firm's sixth institutional fund, the United States Power Fund II, with $750 million in commitments. The fund's original target was $500 million.
• PNC Financial Services Group's private equity arm has closed its third fund, the PNC Mezzanine Fund III, with $350 million in commitments.
• Capri Capital Advisors, which provides debt and equity capital to real estate developers and owners, has closed its second commingled mezzanine debt fund with $287.5 million. Trish Hoffman, spokeswoman, said the firm has 15 institutional investors, but declined to name them.
Aug 25 2014 | 11:21am ET
As many of you know, FINalternatives was recently acquired by the owners of Futures magazine, a firm called The Alpha Pages LLC. Today marks the soft-launch of a new sister site for both publications. As its name suggests, The Alpha Pages will cover all types of alternative investments, going far beyond the more well-known ones such as hedge funds and private equity. Read more…
Credit default swaps brought down the London Whale and cost JPMorgan $6.2 billion. Here is how it happened.