Sunday, 29 March 2015
Last updated 1 day ago
Nov 11 2005 | 9:24pm ET
• Rye Brook, New York-based private equity firm Cadent Energy Partners has closed its first fund, Cadent Energy Partners I, with $220 million in commitments.
• Darien, Conn.-based Portfolio Advisors has closed its third fund of funds, Portfolio Advisors Private Equity Fund III, with $661 million. The fund, which was launched in June 2004, originally had a target of $250 million.
• New York-based private equity firm Salmon River, which is managed by Joshua Lewis, has held a first close of its initial fund with $20 million in commitments.
• Private equity firm Energy Investors Funds has closed the firm's sixth institutional fund, the United States Power Fund II, with $750 million in commitments. The fund's original target was $500 million.
• PNC Financial Services Group's private equity arm has closed its third fund, the PNC Mezzanine Fund III, with $350 million in commitments.
• Capri Capital Advisors, which provides debt and equity capital to real estate developers and owners, has closed its second commingled mezzanine debt fund with $287.5 million. Trish Hoffman, spokeswoman, said the firm has 15 institutional investors, but declined to name them.
Mar 9 2015 | 6:35am ET
As more investors look to diversify, many are beginning to use retirement funds to invest in alternative assets such as private equity and real estate. Kelly Rodriques, CEO & President of PENSCO Trust Company, explains how companies can connect with those looking to use their retirement accounts in a different way. Read more…
Mar 20 2015 | 12:45pm ET
StreetWise Partners, a non-profit organization that works with low-income individuals to help them overcome employment barriers, raised over $275,000 at the 2015 Raising the Ante Charity Poker Tournament and Casino Event last Wednesday evening at Capitale. Here are some photos from the event. Read more…