RAB To Announce Delisting

Jun 20 2011 | 2:01am ET

The next step in RAB Capital's fall from grace is set to come this week, when the once-high-flying hedge fund confirms its plan to delist its shares.

London-based RAB, among Europe's biggest and best-performing hedge funds until 2008, has said in May that it would likely pull its shares from the Alternative Investment Market. The firm now plans to continue its uphill struggle for survival as a private company, Reuters reports.

In April, RAB said that investors would pull 79% of the assets remaining in its flagship Special Situations Fund, leaving the once-US$2 billion fund with less than US$100 million in assets. According to Reuters, most of its other funds are even smaller than that, leading to the distinct possibility that RAB will not be able to continue at all.

The firm has six funds with less than US$100 million, excluding Special Situations. Its largest remaining fund after Special Situations finishes paying out its redemptions will be its Energy Fund, with US$247 million.


In Depth

U.S. Treasury Moves on Reinsurance Loophole

Apr 24 2015 | 5:11pm ET

The U.S. Treasury Department has released proposed rules aimed at limiting the ability...

Lifestyle

Puerto Rico Woos The Rich But So Far Gains Little

Apr 17 2015 | 2:45am ET

Hedge fund manager Rob Rill grins. He has just had word that U.S. financial regulators...

Guest Contributor

Opportunities Ahead: Asian Fixed Income and Currency Markets

Apr 24 2015 | 6:18am ET

For hedge funds focusing on Asia, the policy uncertainty, unclear interest rate...

 

Editor's Note