Wednesday, 20 August 2014
Last updated 4 min ago
Jan 30 2012 | 8:31am ET
Man, the world’s largest hedge fund group, has signed the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment.
Man says the PRI framework is meant to encourage sustainable investing by incorporating “environmental, social and governance issues into investment decision-making and ownership practices.”
Man becomes one of 988 signatories to the PRI worldwide and one of 126 in the UK.
Said Man CEO Peter Clarke in a statement: “This step is a signal of Man’s continued commitment to responsible investing. As a leading alternative asset manager, we hope that by signing up to the UN PRI we will encourage others in our industry to follow our lead.”
In signing the PRI, the alternative investments giant ($58.4 billion AUM) has promised to:
1. Incorporate ESG issues into its investment analysis and decision-making processes.
2. Be an 'active owner' and incorporate ESG issues into its ownership policies and practices.
3. Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which it invests.
4. Promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment
5. Work to enhance its effectiveness in implementing the principles.
6. Report on its activities and progress towards implementing the principles.
Aug 4 2014 | 7:42am ET
By now, U.S. and international subscribers have received their home or office delivery of the special 500th issue of Futures magazine. You can too!—a very special offer follows. The issue is the largest in years—filled with the best trading strategies and stories from 43 years of being the primary publication for commodity, stock, options and forex traders. Read more…
The July/August 2014 issue is our largest in years—filled with the best trading strategies and stories from 43 years of being the primary publication for commodity, stock, options and forex traders.
The Alpha Pages Editor's Note