Tuesday, 21 October 2014
Last updated 4 hours ago
Quant Invest Canada
October 9-10, 2013
The Hyatt Regency
Quant Invest Canada is the leading conference for Canadian quants and investors. If you are looking to uncover new quant strategies and funds, you must attend.
With more end investors in attendance than any other event of its kind, you will have ample opportunities to network, forge relationships and learn from Canada’s top quant investors and fund managers including OMERS, AIMCo, HOOPP, and CPPIB.
Join us to network and learn from the entire quantitative investment value chain within Canada and beyond.
Canada’s leading quants will be there to discuss:
• How to maximize the use of derivatives
• How to integrate quant within your portfolio
• How to manage a value-add portfolio
• How to uncover the keys to “smart beta” – the alternative to active and passive investing
• How to structure a portfolio using strategic asset allocation
• How to optimize your portfolio with re-emerging normalized strategies, including long/short equity, statistical arbitrage and systematic trading
• How to outwit your competitors
• How to acquire new business prospects through structured networking sessions, interactive roundtable discussions and a dedicated networking manager
• How to explore the outlook for quant equity investing
• How to engage with the entire spectrum of quantitative investment experts from Canada and beyond
Discounts available for groups of 3 or more - for more information please contact Felipe Lima at Felipe.Lima@Terrapinn.com or +1 212 379 6320
Sep 22 2014 | 4:15pm ET
"I tell people that everybody likes good news and so if you have good performance that’s wonderful,” explains Mike McKitish of Peddie School's endowment, “but it’s the people that want to talk about the bad news or where they drifted and how they came back and how they stayed to their discipline…” that he wants to hear from. Read more…
Sep 30 2014 | 9:29am ET
The crisp Autumnal days of October are upon us, and so are a few of the hedge fund industry’s favorite charitable events. If you have never been to Rocktoberfest, well, you are missing out. And for a quieter evening of sipping and socializing, stop by HFC’s Wine Soiree. Read more…
Most traders agree that proper risk management is the key to successful trading. However, many traders depend on the deeply flawed measure of standard deviation as a benchmark of risk. Here we put it ...