Wednesday, 22 October 2014
Last updated 1 hour ago
November 20-22, 2013
Fairmont Le Montreux | Montreux, Switzerland
The 12th Elite Summit taking place from the 20 - 22 November at the Fairmont Le Montreux Palace in Montreux, Switzerland is the premium forum bringing together independent advisers of wealthy private investors and international fund and asset managers.
As an invitation-only event taking place behind closed doors, the summit offers an intimate environment for a focused discussion of key new drivers shaping wealth and management asset allocations.
Key issues for 2013 include:
• Devising a Plan of Attack – Pinning down the infrastructure of a powerful investment strategy through the wisdom of the macroeconomic outlook
• Structurally Sound – Exploring robust architectures for wealth in a new age of transparency to optimize tax efficiency and asset preservation
• Some Like it Hot – Quantifying the potential for trending and emerging asset classes
• In Pursuit of the Holy Grail – Investigating absolute return and market neutral strategies for independent and sustainable portfolios
• Shaking up the Family Tree – Establishing effective and dynamic succession, education and conflict resolution planning for the family and the wealth
• Blasting Social Barriers – Tapping into the networks and knowledge base that identify opportunities and implement processes to maximize social impact
• On the Defense – Devising security measures to safeguard financial, non-financial and human assets from both real and virtual world threats
Sep 22 2014 | 4:15pm ET
"I tell people that everybody likes good news and so if you have good performance that’s wonderful,” explains Mike McKitish of Peddie School's endowment, “but it’s the people that want to talk about the bad news or where they drifted and how they came back and how they stayed to their discipline…” that he wants to hear from. Read more…
Sep 30 2014 | 9:29am ET
The crisp Autumnal days of October are upon us, and so are a few of the hedge fund industry’s favorite charitable events. If you have never been to Rocktoberfest, well, you are missing out. And for a quieter evening of sipping and socializing, stop by HFC’s Wine Soiree. Read more…
Most traders agree that proper risk management is the key to successful trading. However, many traders depend on the deeply flawed measure of standard deviation as a benchmark of risk. Here we put it ...