Gottex To Go Public

Oct 15 2007 | 12:37pm ET

Gottex Fund Management is the latest hedge fund firm on its way to market.

The US$13.3 billion Swiss fund of hedge funds shop is set to go public with a listing on the SWX Swiss Exchange. The firm plans to sell 30% of itself in the initial public offering, with past and current management retaining the remaining 70%.

The firm said no management departures are expected in the wake of the share sale. Management will invest half of the proceeds in its funds, and current managers will hold their shares for at least one year, and thereafter will sell only in stages over the following three years.

Morgan Stanley is the global coordinator of the IPO, and joins with Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse as joint bookrunners. Citigroup has been named lead manager and co-bookrunner, with Swiss bank Zürcher Kantonalbank as co-manager.


In Depth

Q&A: Brevan Howard’s Charlotte Valeur Talks Strategy

Sep 18 2014 | 11:18am ET

Charlotte Valeur chairs the board of Brevan Howard Credit Catalysts, an LSE listed...

Lifestyle

Griffin Donates $1M To Rauner's Illinois Gov. Campaign

Sep 22 2014 | 9:29am ET

Hedge fund billionaire Kenneth Griffin definitely has a dog in this fight. The Citadel...

Guest Contributor

Top 5 Predicted Outcomes Of CalPERS' Hedge Fund Divestment

Sep 22 2014 | 8:35am ET

CalPERS’ announcement to divest of hedge funds has created a significant buzz...

 

Videos

Editor's Note

    Get A Sneak Peak Of The Alpha Pages

    Aug 25 2014 | 11:21am ET

    As many of you know, FINalternatives was recently acquired by the owners of Futures magazine, a firm called The Alpha Pages LLC. Today marks the soft-launch of a new sister site for both publications. As its name suggests, The Alpha Pages will cover all types of alternative investments, going far beyond the more well-known ones such as hedge funds and private equity. Read more…

 

Futures Magazine

September 2014 Cover

The London Whale: Rogue risk management

Credit default swaps brought down the London Whale and cost JPMorgan $6.2 billion. Here is how it happened.

The Alpha Pages

TAP July/August 2014 Cover

The Alpha Pages Interview: Senator Rand Paul

Senator Paul sat down in the debut series of the Alpha Pages Interview to discuss the broken tax code, regulation surrounding Bitcoin, and his plans for the 2016 Presidential election.