Wednesday, 20 August 2014
Last updated 1 hour ago
Jun 30 2006 | 7:06pm ET
• Pennsylvania-based hedge fund firm Triage Management has been winding down its offshore fund for the past year, returning most of the money in the offshore fund to investors.
• Private equity firm Catterton Partners has closed its sixth fund, Catterton Partners VI, with $1 billion in commitments. The Conn.-based firm raised the fund in a mere 10 weeks and it was significantly oversubscribed. The firm, which focuses on middle-market consumer companies, now has $2 billion in assets under management.
• Houston-based energy investment firm Haddington Ventures has closed its private equity fund Haddington Energy III with$182 million in committed capital.
• The Blackstone Group has raised approximately $14.5 billion for its fifth fund, surpassing its original target closes by more than$1 billion.
• Babson Capital Management has closed Babson CLO 2006, a collateralized loan obligation vehicle, with $575 million in commitments.
• Essex Woodlands Health Ventures has closed its seventh fund with $600 million in commitments. The Firm focuses on life sciences investments and has a total of $1.6 billion under management.
Aug 4 2014 | 7:42am ET
By now, U.S. and international subscribers have received their home or office delivery of the special 500th issue of Futures magazine. You can too!—a very special offer follows. The issue is the largest in years—filled with the best trading strategies and stories from 43 years of being the primary publication for commodity, stock, options and forex traders. Read more…
The July/August 2014 issue is our largest in years—filled with the best trading strategies and stories from 43 years of being the primary publication for commodity, stock, options and forex traders.
The Alpha Pages Editor's Note