Saturday, 22 November 2014
Last updated 1 day ago
Jun 30 2006 | 7:06pm ET
• Pennsylvania-based hedge fund firm Triage Management has been winding down its offshore fund for the past year, returning most of the money in the offshore fund to investors.
• Private equity firm Catterton Partners has closed its sixth fund, Catterton Partners VI, with $1 billion in commitments. The Conn.-based firm raised the fund in a mere 10 weeks and it was significantly oversubscribed. The firm, which focuses on middle-market consumer companies, now has $2 billion in assets under management.
• Houston-based energy investment firm Haddington Ventures has closed its private equity fund Haddington Energy III with$182 million in committed capital.
• The Blackstone Group has raised approximately $14.5 billion for its fifth fund, surpassing its original target closes by more than$1 billion.
• Babson Capital Management has closed Babson CLO 2006, a collateralized loan obligation vehicle, with $575 million in commitments.
• Essex Woodlands Health Ventures has closed its seventh fund with $600 million in commitments. The Firm focuses on life sciences investments and has a total of $1.6 billion under management.
Nov 4 2014 | 9:45am ET
Data management is important to every business, but for hedge funds, it is critical. FINalternatives recently asked Peter Sanchez, CEO of Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services, how fund managers can deal with the demands of managing data while at the same time remain transparent and abide by operational best practices. Read more…
Reg NMS created a huge bifurcation in equity markets and while much of what has followed has been positive, in terms of lower fees and greater liquidity, many traders would like to see the market come...