Friday, 26 December 2014
Last updated 2 days ago
Jun 30 2006 | 7:06pm ET
• Pennsylvania-based hedge fund firm Triage Management has been winding down its offshore fund for the past year, returning most of the money in the offshore fund to investors.
• Private equity firm Catterton Partners has closed its sixth fund, Catterton Partners VI, with $1 billion in commitments. The Conn.-based firm raised the fund in a mere 10 weeks and it was significantly oversubscribed. The firm, which focuses on middle-market consumer companies, now has $2 billion in assets under management.
• Houston-based energy investment firm Haddington Ventures has closed its private equity fund Haddington Energy III with$182 million in committed capital.
• The Blackstone Group has raised approximately $14.5 billion for its fifth fund, surpassing its original target closes by more than$1 billion.
• Babson Capital Management has closed Babson CLO 2006, a collateralized loan obligation vehicle, with $575 million in commitments.
• Essex Woodlands Health Ventures has closed its seventh fund with $600 million in commitments. The Firm focuses on life sciences investments and has a total of $1.6 billion under management.
Dec 1 2014 | 10:21am ET
As 2014 winds down, Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services executives took some time to share their outlook on trends facing the industry in 2015. Read more…
Jeff Sprecher was simply looking for a platform to trade energies when launching ICE 14 years ago but it has grown to reach the pinnacle of both the listed futures and equities world.