Tuesday, 1 December 2015
Last updated 16 hours ago
Jun 30 2006 | 7:06pm ET
• Pennsylvania-based hedge fund firm Triage Management has been winding down its offshore fund for the past year, returning most of the money in the offshore fund to investors.
• Private equity firm Catterton Partners has closed its sixth fund, Catterton Partners VI, with $1 billion in commitments. The Conn.-based firm raised the fund in a mere 10 weeks and it was significantly oversubscribed. The firm, which focuses on middle-market consumer companies, now has $2 billion in assets under management.
• Houston-based energy investment firm Haddington Ventures has closed its private equity fund Haddington Energy III with$182 million in committed capital.
• The Blackstone Group has raised approximately $14.5 billion for its fifth fund, surpassing its original target closes by more than$1 billion.
• Babson Capital Management has closed Babson CLO 2006, a collateralized loan obligation vehicle, with $575 million in commitments.
• Essex Woodlands Health Ventures has closed its seventh fund with $600 million in commitments. The Firm focuses on life sciences investments and has a total of $1.6 billion under management.
Oct 21 2015 | 10:41am ET
One of the most unique charity benefits in the hedge fund industry, A Leg To Stand On's (ALTSO's) Hedge Fund Rocktoberfest - NYC, raised nearly $500,000 last Thursday thanks to the generous support of major sponsors and nearly 1,400 attendees from the Tri-State finance, business and hedge fund communities. Read more…