Dubai Buys Big Chunk Of Och-Ziff

Jan 21 2008 | 8:52am ET

A company owned by the emir of Dubai has acquired more than half of the publicly-traded shares of New York-based hedge fund Och-Ziff Capital Management.

Dubai Holding said Friday that it has bought 51.4% of the class A shares of Och-Ziff, which held an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange in November.

Class A shares represent only about 10% of the hedge fund group; the remaining 90% is in class B shares allotted to current executives, including founder Daniel Och, a Goldman Sachs veteran.

Dubai Holding said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that it bought more than 38 million shares—worth almost $900 million—pursuant to an Oct. 29 purchase agreement. The firm indicated it bought the stake for investment purposes and does not intend to seek major changes at Och-Ziff.


In Depth

Why Ponzi Schemes Work: An In-Depth Look At The Allen Stanford Fraud

Dec 21 2014 | 10:30am ET

Texan Allen Stanford first appeared on the radars of financial regulators in 1997...

Lifestyle

Hedgie Funds US Squash Program

Dec 24 2014 | 8:46am ET

Squash, anyone?

Guest Contributor

EidoSearch’s Top Three Market Projections For 2015

Dec 23 2014 | 4:03am ET

It is that time of year again when prognosticators make their big market calls for...

 

Sponsored Content

Editor's Note

    Guidelines for Guest Articles

    Oct 22 2014 | 9:46am ET

    We are always looking for guest articles from hedge fund managers and buy-side firms.

    If you are interested in submitting a contributed piece for possible publication on FINalternatives, please take a look at the specs. Read more…

 

Futures Magazine

December 2014 Cover

Futures 2014 person of the year

Jeff Sprecher was simply looking for a platform to trade energies when launching ICE 14 years ago but it has grown to reach the pinnacle of both the listed futures and equities world.

The Alpha Pages

TAP July/August 2014 Cover

The Alpha Pages Interview: Senator Rand Paul

Senator Paul sat down in the debut series of the Alpha Pages Interview to discuss the broken tax code, regulation surrounding Bitcoin, and his plans for the 2016 Presidential election.