Italian Bank Acquires Stake In Local Buyout Shop

May 22 2008 | 11:38am ET

Milan, Italy-based investment bank Gruppo Banca Leonardo has acquired 20% of BS Private Equity, a mid-market buyout firm. The bank has an option to buy remaining 80% of BS Private Equity at some point in the future.

According to terms of the deal, BS Private Equity, established some 20 years ago, will remain independent in its investment decisions, and Gruppo Banca Leonardo’s p.e. team, will join BS Private Equity’s team.

The deal coincides with BS Private Equity’s launch of Italian Private Equity Fund V, a €600 million (US$935 million) buyout fund, which unlike its predecessor funds will be open also to Italian investors. Both firms will commit €20 million (US$31 million) to the new fund.


In Depth

Q&A: Open Season For Closed-End Funds

Aug 29 2014 | 10:00am ET

When Maury Fertig and Bob Huffman, former Salomon Brothers coworkers, launched...

Lifestyle

Och Funds Women In Finance Initiative At U-M

Aug 28 2014 | 3:01pm ET

Och-Ziff Capital founder Daniel Och and his wife have made a "generous donation"...

Guest Contributor

Looking Ahead: What’s In Store For Managed Futures?

Aug 22 2014 | 12:52pm ET

The last five years were phenomenal for investors in equity indices. Will the next...

 

Editor's Note

    Get A Sneak Peak Of The Alpha Pages

    Aug 25 2014 | 11:21am ET

    As many of you know, FINalternatives was recently acquired by the owners of Futures magazine, a firm called The Alpha Pages LLC. Today marks the soft-launch of a new sister site for both publications. As its name suggests, The Alpha Pages will cover all types of alternative investments, going far beyond the more well-known ones such as hedge funds and private equity. Read more…

 

Futures Magazine

July/August 2014 Cover

The time was right

Commodities/Futures magazine launched at the precipice of a revolution in the futures industry—really a revolution in the idea of risk management—that would move it from a small niche industry to ...

The Alpha Pages

TAP July/August 2014 Cover

The Alpha Pages Interview: Senator Rand Paul

Senator Paul sat down in the debut series of the Alpha Pages Interview to discuss the broken tax code, regulation surrounding Bitcoin, and his plans for the 2016 Presidential election.