Tuesday, 7 July 2015
Last updated 18 hours ago
Jan 19 2006 | 7:41pm ET
• Chicago-headquartered Thoma Cressey Equity Partners has held a final close of its eighth fund with $765 million in commitments. The private equity firm had initially targeted $650 million for the fund, but increased the size to accommodate demand from the firm’s current investors. The fund will be invested largely in middle-market companies in the software and healthcare industries, as well as in other areas, including business services and consumer products and services. TCEP’s previous fund closed at $554 million and is expected to be fully invested the next few months.
• BIA Digital Partners has held a first close of its second private equity fund with $27 million of commitments. The money comes from limited partners who had participated in BIA Digital’s first mezzanine fund. The new fund will provide mezzanine capital to private telecommunications, media, entertainment, information and business services companies. The target close is $150 million. Fundraising agent Ariane Capital Partners is working on brining institutional investors to the fund.
• RockPort Capital Partners has closed its second venture capital fund with commitments of $261.15 million. RockPort’s Fund II will make early, mid and later-stage investments in energy and power technologies, as well as advanced materials and process and prevention technologies. RockPort’s first fund, which has $125 million in commitments, has invested in 18 companies, including Evergreen Solar, Aspen Aerogels, Catalytic Solutions, Lilliputian Systems, Powerspan, Pionetics, CerOx, Davidson Instruments, Renaissance Lighting and Comverge Corporation.
• Parallel Investment Partners has held a first close of its first fund at $180 million. The Dallas-based firm, which invests exclusively in North American middle market growth companies, aims to raise $225 million for its Parallel 2005 Equity Fund.
• Global private equity firm Adam Street Partners is set to closes its Adams Street 2006 Partnership Fund at the end of this month with around $1.5 billion. The firm is known as an industry pioneer in partnership fund-of-funds investing, creating its first fund-offunds in the late 1970's.
May 27 2015 | 2:15pm ET