Thursday, 29 January 2015
Last updated 59 min ago
Feb 17 2006 | 12:00am ET
• Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers has closed its twelfth fund with $600 million in commitments. This includes $100 million which is being set aside specifically for green technologies. The firm has also raised $200 million for a later-stage fund that will focus on pandemic preparedness and bio defense.
• York Street Capital Partners has closed its second mezzanine fund with $700 million in commitments, all of which comes from The Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. The investment firm, which is based in Bedminster, N.J., provides mezzanine and equity capital to private equity sponsors for acquisitions, buyouts, growth capital and recapitalizations of middle-market companies. The firm has over $930 million in assets under management.
• Core Capital Partners has closed its second venture capital fund with $200 million in commitments. The Washington, D.C.- based firm typically invests $3-10 million in early- and laterstage deals and focuses on companies involved in communications hardware and software and business services.
• Seattle-based Madrona Venture Group, which was an early investor in Amazon.com, has closed its third fund with $150 million in capital commitments. The fund will invest in startup companies in the Pacific Northwest region.
• Greenwich, Conn.-based Wexford Partners has raised $300 million in capital commitments for its ninth fund, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
• Buyout firm The Texas Pacific Group has reached its first target of approximately $6 billion for its latest private equity fund, and has now decided to double its target to $12 billion. Founders David Bonderman, Jim Coulter and Bill Price are reportedly planning to meet with Washington state pension officials in the coming weeks about increasing the plan’s investments in the fund. The fund originally launched in 2003.
Jan 23 2015 | 1:00pm ET
In our new section, FINtech Focus, we will profile one of these firms each week. While fintech is a broad category, we will be focusing on firms that specifically cater to the alternative investment industry. Read more…